Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Winding down and winding up

 
We are leaving in 2 weeks. 

Let me say that a little louder...

WE ARE LEAVING IN 2 WEEKS! 

It’s a strange thing to be winding things down while simultaneously putting our foot on the gas pedal. I had my last day of work yesterday and a nice (socially-distant) gathering with my lovely co-workers. Today I’ve gotten a mammogram (boobies!), detailed one of the cars, called an electrician to put up some lights in our house, helped M pack for a short trip and for her 6-10 weeks without access to her stuff as it is shipped across the Pacific and touched up paint around the house. There is plenty more to do in the next 11 days before we fly to California to spend time with my sister, nephew and his wife and kids. 

I am going to whine a bit now about how hard it is to not be able to freely see friends and family and spend quality time with them before we leave because of the pandemic. We’ve had a small “bubble” of loved ones that we have spent time with but knowing that we won’t be back for a while amplifies the longing to connect with our loved ones. 

And there is the list of things to do. A long list that we are trying our best to plow through. I’m not sleeping well, my gut is a wreck and I’m worried I’m missing or forgetting things but one way or another, we will be on that plane on August 18. 

...And I’m thankful we won’t have to wear masks for much longer. 


4 comments:

  1. It’s happening soooo fast!! Love you guys so much! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, what an exciting & overwhelming move!! We are gonna miss you terribly. I’m so jeal-y and thrilled for your family!! I hope you have a spot in your yard for camping visitors.😀 Warm snuggly hugs & best wishes to y’all for a safe and fun adventure ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With love from Kathy, Josh & Cella Prewitt❤️

      Delete